Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Simple Joys...

Monkey see monkey do... Months ago Brooklyn started having nightmares. Tanner being a little too familiar with them has been concerned. When she wakes up crying from nap he sincerely comforts her and asks her if she's had a nightmare. Poor Brookie will often tell us that the dragon is getting her. She loves her princess stories, even "Sleeping Beauty" with the mean dragon. So if Kaden wakes up crying from a nap she asks him if he's had a nightmare and she questions him if his nightmare was about the mean dragon. It's so rewarding to see the kids genuine concern for eachother.

Tanner nearly has my food restrictions memorized. Poor guy. He reminds me often that I need to use my special rice milk with breakfast and to remember to order my burritos with no cheese because he doesn't want it to hurt Kaden's tummy. More often than not I make Sean and the kids something to eat for dinner that I can't have. Kaden covets all food that he can't have of course! Tanner feels sad for him so he suggested recently that we get Kaden a huge bowl of rice to make him happy. Tanner is such a thoughtful caring big bro.

Brooklyn loves to be tickled. I was tickling her tummy and she said you are tickling my ribbon. I assured her that her shirt didn't have a ribbon on it. Then I realized after some discussion that she calls her ribs ribbons and there wasn't any possiblilty of changing her mind. Of course leave it up to Brookie to make a weird bone name into a pretty name.

Kaden is so happy and content all the time. In the past month he's mastered crawling backwards and forwards. He wakes up and sits and cry's during nap because he's not quite sure what to do. Please let this transition end soon. Kade's world brighten when Daddy comes home from work. He's started saying Da-Da when he hears Sean's voice. Yes-my heart melts every time. He does say Ma-Ma but not too often. I guess I need to leave more often.

From time to time I will let things go and I pretend as though I don't hear the kids. Tanner saw Brooklyn sliding Kaden's highchair around the kitchen while Kaden was in it. After which I observed... Tanner approached Brookie, put his arm around her, told her to come over here. "Here" being one of our famous time out spots. He proceeded to explain the danger of her behavior and told her to sit there until he came back. She stayed. Really she's not usually that compliant. I did have to remind Tanner who's the boss.

Brooklyn loves to sing. One of her new favorites is "I often go walking". She was dancing around in her church dress while singing. No doubt I loved it. So I started singing along. Very seriously she asked me to stop singing because it was her turn. She loves to be the center of attention!

No comments: