Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Simple Joys...

Mom do Kaden's kisses go away when they dry? Tanner asked this sweet question. He loves his Kaden it so rewarding to see them together.

Our front entry was invaded with ants one morning. "Mom they are not our pets. The queen of the ants told them to come in! " Tanner said. Tanner got the fly swatter and started smacking them. I told him to stop spreading the fly germs all over. He said, "Mom that is what might kill them." Gotta love how his little mind works.

Often Brookie asks if she can have a baby girl. She doesn't want me to have another baby. She actually wants to have the baby herself. Once again I reminded her that she needs to get married in the temple first. I also explained that if she were to have a baby now she wouldn't be able to play everyday and that she'd have to stay home all the time. She wasn't a bit bothered. She said, " That's okay Mom, I'll stay home and rock her all day." Man Daddy and I are in trouble.

I explained to Tanner that my dear friend Stacey is having twins. Tanner thinks it's so cool to have two babies at once. He suggested that I should also have twins. He then had the great idea that I should have 5 sets of twins! I assured him that Heavenly Father chooses who gets blessed with that many babies. Tanner is the best older brother to Brookie and Kadster. He is always hugging and kissing them, helping, teaching and protecting them. Daddy and I are so grateful for the righteous example he sets for the whole family.

Kaden has added the words cracker, apple, out, no-no, car, ba-ba, more and cookie to his vocabulary. It's just so adorable to see him sign too. His newest signs are: Dad, Mom ,more, eat, car, thank you, please, apple, banana, cookie, flower and tree.

Brookie use to want to marry Tanner. After being extremely disappointed, she tried to understand that she couldn't. She settled knowing that she could live close to Tanner and that their kids could play together all the time. Most recently Brookie stated with a humongous smile, "I'm going to marry Daddy in the temple." Before I could comment, Tanner took it upon himself to notify her that she can't marry Daddy either. Brookie started crying and was very upset. I assured her that we'd try to find someone special like her Daddy for her to marry. With all that said, I know that Daddy is doing more that a perfect job. I'm so grateful that he's such an amazing example of what Brookie will strive to find someday!

Brookie likes to take her sweet time to buckle her seat belt. I explained a while back how the belts protect us in case we get in an accident. And that if she's not buckled that she could fly through the window and die. We are still waiting on Brooklyn while she climbs around and finally gets buckled. I often start the car and slowly back-up into the driveway. She shouts, "I don't want to die! Wait, I'm not bucked yet!"

( 2009 Christmas Card Picture)

No comments: