Saturday, November 9, 2013

This is how I did it.....

At times it's still surreal how I fought and won my battle with cancer.  I know that spiritually I fought so strong because of my testimony of Christ and of why we are here on earth.  We are here to live an earthly life, to be tested and after passing our test, we can return to our Heavenly Father and live with him again!  Oh and of course to be reunited with all our loved ones that have died before us.  What a glorious day that will be when my angels can get to know Grandpa Hundley (a.k.a. Grandpa Heaven)!  I can imagine how surreal that will be.
On the other hand, physically I fought with every fiber of my body and with every ounce of strength because of my sweet angels that Sean and I have been blessed with and aloud to raise here on earth. 
 Recognize this mountain?  It's the same mountain our family had hiked for several years when I was healthy 4 years ago.  I hiked it with Tan weeks before my world was rocked (had my mastectomy).  It was a bitter sweet hike that day with Tanner, knowing what was ahead of us.  During recoveries and treatment, I knew that eventually I'd feel good enough to hike it once again and that was a goal that I thought of often. 
Though so young, the kids guided and directed each other when I couldn't, they selflessly helped more around the house, lead scripture and prayer and they would serve me in ways they never had before.  

They are forever changed just as Sean and I are forever changed.  They learned at such a young age what matters most and their testimony's of God's plan have blossomed so much.  Tan, Brookie and Kadster comprehend so much about why we need to be tested and how we learn and grow as we climb our mountains here on earth.
What a fabulous hike it was!
Feeling free...
Feeling blessed...
Feeling happy...
and
feeling

like
mama again!
And because of my sweet angels, this is how I did it!

No comments: