Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Groove is in the Heart

Brookie enjoyed another season of ballet and tap dance class. And I enjoyed watching her shine!

She finished off the season with some groovy moves. Long ago in the early 90's, Dad and I use to listen to a wild song by B-52's called, "Groove is in the Heart" and as soon as we saw Brookie's costume we thought about the song 2 decades ago.

Brookie got her grove on to the Michael Jackson's song, "ABC". She'd walk around the house singing the  and practicing, Just priceless! I was a back stage Mom just as Brookie requested. I soak up all the time she will spend with me!

Tanner chose to attend Brookie's recital again and gave her the traditional beautiful flowers.
She'd rather get flowers from Tan than Dad and I. Brookie gleams every time Tanner has given her flowers. He thinks it's pretty cool too.
Brookie did have "eyescara" a.k.a. mascara on and some eye shadow, blush and lip stick. In this picture she looks so old and so gorgeous! 

We celebrated at Chick-fil-a after the recital. We didn't get a picture with Grandpa and Grandma McMullin, Uncle William, Uncle Paul and Aunt Heather but they were all there to watch her dance!

No comments: