Missionaries-
Those who leave their families for two years to help others be with their families for eternity.

We went to New York to visit William's (aka Elder McMullin) mission stomping grounds.

It was great spending QT with family and being able to meet the people that of New York that Elder McMullin knew on his mission.

A little fun in central park.

It was super cool to see the 911 memorial in person.

The O.G. McMullin's

The 911 Museum was very real, informative and sure brought back the memories of 9-11-01.

The famous "Gray's Papaya" hot dog joint.


This picture just for the sake of our Brooklyn...

And this one too.
I love this picture! They are so happy and handsome. This may habe been Doyle's favorite tourist attraction.

Ellis Island is an island in
New York Harbor and was the gateway for millions of
immigrants to the United States as the nation's busiest immigrant inspection station from 1892 until 1954. The island was made part of the
Statue of Liberty National Monument in 1965, and has hosted a museum of immigration since 1990.

Bonding time on the ferry.

This is weird but, Somehow this picture came out looking like Colb's had stitches across his lip. We are still wondering how that happened. Good things it wasn't real!

We all enjoyed visiting the temple.

Colby was transported several times a day up and down the subway stairs. I'm thankful all the men did the carrying. There is NO way I could raise 4 kids using the subway system.

We went to the Bronx for dinner at a Dominican Restaurant. We met up with two of William's friends. We ran into a lot of missionaries that William knew while on the way there. Of course they were ecstatic to see him! And they only had nice things to say about him.
The Stadium was literally across the street.

I had the pleasure of meeting up with some college buddies, Aimee and Jordan. Aimee lives in Jersey and Jordan lives on Long Island.

We all enjoyed eating at the Middle Eastern food carts. I enjoyed Felafel Gyro and i am currently staking out a restaurant near by to try.

Colb's was a busy bee to say the least on the airplane! Thankfully he wasn't screaming, most passengers were very friendly despite Colby interrupting their reading, napping and conversations.
-------------
I couldn't help but think of this song while writing this post:
Start spreading the news, I’m leaving today I want to be a part of it
- New York, New York These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray Right through
the very heart of it - New York, New York.
1 comment:
It looks like you had so much fun! I love the picture of William and Colby it is so sweet.
Post a Comment