Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Simple Joys

For some time now Kaden has been saying prayers on his own. He's observed and has gotten in the habit of including Uncle William in his prayers. Nearly every family prayer we pray for Uncle Williams. Brookie prayed for lunch and didn't pray for Uncle William. As soon as she finished her prayer, Kaden said very seriously, "Sissy, pray for Uncle William safely!" It's so sweet to know that as young as Kaden is that he understands how important it is to pray for others.

When Colby is sleeping, Kaden loves to sing to him, "Lullaby and Goodnight with soft flowers around you slumber sweetly in the moonlight close your eyes and dream." Kaden smiles the whole time and gazes and his sweet brother.

Tanner had two scabs on his elbow. I've told him in the past that if he picks the scabs-he will get a worse scar. Tanner confessed that he had picked his scab and that he was sorry. So he asked if I'd cover what was left of the scabs. "Mom please cover my scabs with band-aids again, then I won't accidentally pick my owie's!"

Brookie has realized that she will be the only princess in the family. She's handling it pretty well. Her new idea is... "When I grow up I'm going to have two girl's. My first daughter will be Ariel and my second will be Melody. In addition, her cousin Taylor has told her that if she prays for a sister everyday that Heavenly Father will eventually give her one like He did to her. Needless to say Taylor is in trouble with Auntie Heidi.

Often Dad and I call Kaden by his middle name Joseph. Recently Kaden started responding by saying, "Joseph is a prophet!" It just makes us all laugh. We reassure Kade that Joseph is a prophet but that it is also his middle name.

When I came home from the hospital I showed the kids my incision and staples from my surgery. Mainly to show them visually just why I can't carry them, and why I can't do all my normal Mommy tasks for a while. I was worried their feelings would get hurt. Kaden really understood and he's been so cooperative and such a big boy. He has said, " No carry me! You bleeding." " Your owie hurting!" " You feeling better now?"

Brookie has asked her Grandma's if they are pregnant. I explained to her that they are done having children. Then at dance class as I'm watching through the glass window I hear Brookie ask her dance teacher if she was pregnant. Her teacher asked Brookie why she would think that. I was worried she would say because she has a big tummy. Thankfully her answer was, "Because you have big boobies".

Tanner is so devoted to his Sis as well as the rest of the family. He recently went shopping with Grandma Hundley and she observed how attentive he was to his Sis. He made sure she was happy, that she stayed close by, assisted her in the car etc. Tan is naturally so polite and thoughtful of other people's feelings and needs. He will be an awesome husband in about 20 years.

No comments: