Brookie continues to talk about marriage. Most recently she asked... "If I marry a boy will I still be part of your family?" Also she asks Dad and I to kiss in front of her. After we do, she smiles real big and giggles. She has asked us both when we are are going to get married again? She has felt jipped that she wasn't able to attend our wedding and festivities.
Kaden has loved primary songs for as long as I can remember. He requests songs everyday. Recently Kadster has been singing the majority of his favorite songs. He loves to sing, "I am a Child of God", "I Love to See the Temple", "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", and "I am like a Star Shining Brightly". The whole family listens very attentively. His sweet voice is so angelic.
Tanner just knows when I'm having a hard day or when he's disappointed me. He melted my heart when we were saying goodnight. Tan said, "Mom, I love you from the earth, to the sun, moon, stars, planets all the way to heaven!
I've been getting the nursery all ready and washing all the crib bedding for Colby. Brookie realized that the crib was finished. She looked over the top of the crib and reached her hand to the middle of the mattress. She said, "I can reach Colby now, I'm the biggest sister and because I'm a CTR!"
Kaden has developed some new vocabulary skills. There could be something that he's moving that could be awkward or he's making his bed, or climb up somewhere and he'll say "Mom, it's too HEAVY". I don't like to correct him because it's so darn cute and he's so serious when he's telling me. He also will pretend to be scared or to have a spider and then he'll smile, laugh and say, "Just kidding Mom". He sure knows how to get me to laugh.
Brookie's friend Reagan was over playing. Brookie was changing her princess attire and told Reagan, "Don't look at my boobies because they are special; you can look at your own v___ but not you sisters ok?" I've brainwashed here a little. Reagan seemed so confused.
Tanner is doing a great job reading. He's a bit shy about his skills but is willing to read to the family. He currently reads at a 3rd grade level. He's a great example to Brookie and Kadster. They both mimic him and pretend to read books to me or to each other. So glad Tan's such a smarty pants!
Kaden transitioned to sharing a room with Tanner over a month ago. He has his own bed and everything. He's done pretty well sleeping in his new bed but refuses to call it "Kaden's Room", he says "no it's Tanner's room." So every nap and bedtime he insists that he's sleeping in Tan's room. Tanner loves having the company and absolutely loves when Kaden crawls into his bed with him.
Brooklyn has wanted her ears pierced for some time now. Dad and I decided that when she's eight we'll let her. She was given a necklace and earring set last year. I told her back then that she could keep the earrings in her jewelry box until she can wear them. So recently she came to me during bedtime and said, " I was trying the put the earrings in but they won't go in!" I checked her ears and they were red. I told her that if she did that that it could hurt really bad and her ears would bleed. As I waited for a scared response she said, " I know that Mom and that's ok if it hurts and bleeds."
The kids have enjoyed feeling Colby kicking in my tummy and feeling when Colby has the hiccups. They just can't get enough of my belly. Kaden talks right to my belly button like Colby can hear from there better. Brookie repeatedly asks if Colby is this size or that size as she hold her hands apart guessing how long he is. The kids fight over hugging my belly and lying their head on my tummy. I know I'm going to have to use the timer after Colby is born so everyone gets the same amount of Colby snuggle time.
No comments:
Post a Comment