Kadster says his own prayers now. One day he just started when I was about to prompt him. So we listened as closely and attentively as possible. The norm is... Dear Heavenly Father..Thank you day, ....safely, bless food, ... Sissy, ...Dad, ....Nan,... Pokey (aka Colby). Name Jesus Christ Amen! Brooklyn and Tanner's hearts just melt every time as does mine. I've told them that by their example Kaden has learned and wants to be like them. They think it's pretty cool.
Brooklyn recently started her new Primary class at church. She thinks it great that she's a CTR now! She made a comment when we were talking casually last week that, "Now that I'm a CTR I know everything MOM!" Oh really?
Tanner is an extremely generous son and brother. Currently he is playing city basketball. We always attend the games and watch patiently cheering him on. Kaden loves yelling, "Go Tanner!" After each game there usually is a snack and drink passed out. Tanner faithfully shares the goods without a fuss. This one time, Kaden was extra cranky and saw that Tanner received a bag. Tanner opened it excitedly and Brookie and Kade bombarded him with whining and grabbing. Tired Mom was slowly approaching the chaos. I told him to close the bag and that he could enjoy it at home, but if he opened it then he'd have to share. Poor guy handed Kaden the fruit snacks and Brookie the krispie treat. With only the juice box in hand he said, "I can't handle this!" It was to late to take back the goodies but it broke my heart. He tolerates so much just to please them. Now I've told him that with these particular treats we aren't going to share. Kaden and Sis can have something else from home while he enjoys his game treats.
It dawned on me recently that I never ask Kaden what his name is. Of course he calls himself Kaden and he answers when anyone calls him Kaden. So I told him, "My name is Mommy, what is your name?" He laughed and said, "Name Jesus Christ Amen." I tried not to crack up. I asked him again and he responded the same. Then I told him that your name is Kaden like Tanner's name is Tanner, etc. Later that evening I had Sean ask him his name. Smiling, he still said, "Name Jesus Christ Amen. So basically we have taught him very well how to respectfully close a prayer but not what the word NAME is. We are working on it now.
In the past year Brookie has been worried about marriage, she's worried who she's supposed to marry. Worried that she doesn't love anybody enough to get married, doesn't want to marry a stranger and that it can't be Dad or Tan. So I've totally laid off marriage talk. I used to say simple things like, "Someday you will get married in the temple..." The other day she randomly asked, "Mom, if I marry a boy, will I still be a part of your family?" I said, "Of course you will, we are sealed together forever and ever, you can even live close by with your boy if you want." She smiled and seemed content for now.
Sadly it was time for Tanner to go back on track. It was awesome having him around so much. Monday morning I told Tanner to look out the window for his ride. Kaden waited right next to him and they gazed out the window. I was near by. Kaden put his arms around him and squeezed him for a bit and said, "I love you Tanner." Then hugged him again a minute later and said, "I love you" with a huge smile. These are my Mommy rewards. I'm so blessed to stay home and raise their sweet spirits and teach them what love is all about!
Often we are in the car when it's approaching nap time. Sometimes I want Kaden to fall to sleep. He still transfers to his bed pretty well. I'll usually ask Brooklyn to stay quiet. Her new solution is that she'll sing songs to him softly and hold his hand. Kaden loves it. I asked her to start putting him to sleep. As I glanced frequently in the rear view mirror, Kaden had tilted his head and was trying so hard to keep his eyes closed. His little eye lids were fluttering. It was as if he was appeasing her but really wasn't tired yet. Well he did end up falling to sleep. I have plans of her putting Colby to sleep for me as well! xoxo Sweet Sissy xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment