Today our first born headed down a new path. Tanner Jared started kindergarten.
Daddy and I along with family and friends have hyped up going to school for months. To our surprise, Tanner’s been exceptionally shy the past 6 months and we’ve all been waiting, sweating a little, to see how he’d react today.
Some pics before he left to start his new adventure.
At first he wanted to drive this car to school.
I'm so glad he was relaxed and having fun before we left.
Once we got to “the place”.
Tanner was so happy to have the “whole” family with him.
I held it together knowing if I expressed even the slightest sadness or nervousness, Tanner would read right into it. Sometimes he's better at that than Daddy. Fortunately and Unfortunately, Tanner's pretty sensitive like me.
It wouldn't have been complete unless Daddy joined us on this historical day.
Grandma McMullin was a treat to have! She was explaining to Tanner that she remembers Daddy’s first day of school, which was decades ago…
Over breakfast Brooklyn was trying to convince Tanner that she is 5 yrs old too and that she gets to go to kindergarten. Tanner didn’t think it was very funny. It was obvious to all of us how Brooklyn felt leaving Tanner at school today.
Living in each priceless moment- is the only way to live!
Tanner checking out his new stomping grounds.
Tanner M. & Tanner C.
Yes! There are two Tanner's in the class. Coincidentally this is the first friend Tanner met today when we arrived at school.
Our last glance as our "not so little boy" entered a new chapter of his life.
A big something was missing when we left...
Hopefully she'll understand soon!
****
Tanner walked a little taller as I greeted him after school. He's excited to return tomorrow. What a relief!
From the time we left Tanner at school until bedtime tonight, I kept myself very distracted going to…
Lunch, The Mommie Store, Pila’s Pantry, the Gym, taking the kids Swimming and going to a friends for FHE.
Obviously I was avoiding my feelings. Now I’m in my quiet home reflecting on reality and I've finally "lost it". I’m so proud to be Tanner’s Mother. He has blessed my life every day. He has taught me more than I could have ever imagined. I’m so glad he’s so strong willed and forgiving because I’m sure not a perfect mommy. We love to sing, “I’m trying to be like Jesus”. Little does Tanner know that also, I’m trying to be Tanner. He's an amazingly spiritual person in this little body blossoming each day. Thanks Tan for lighting up my life! We love your bears...
Okay. kill me with the car seat picture! That's exactly how we have felt the last 2 mornings. Will it get easier, I'm not sure. Today was just as hard as yesterday. I'm glad he was so excited and is enjoying it.
I can't believe the number of kids from the ward that started school this year. Weren't they just with me in Nursery just a few months ago?? Time goes by so quickly. Glad you both made it through the day.
4 comments:
so sweet heidi...I think many of us felt so many of the same emotions yesterday...
I was thinking about him...hoping he was having a good day...I am so glad he did!
You are a wonderful mommy...here's to a new chapter...:)
xoxo
Tonya
Okay. kill me with the car seat picture! That's exactly how we have felt the last 2 mornings. Will it get easier, I'm not sure. Today was just as hard as yesterday. I'm glad he was so excited and is enjoying it.
I can't believe the number of kids from the ward that started school this year. Weren't they just with me in Nursery just a few months ago?? Time goes by so quickly. Glad you both made it through the day.
Sad day. Tanner is growing up so fast
Post a Comment