Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Simple Joys, 4

Brookie asked me if a dragon has a pen_ _. (I didn't spell it out because a particular sibling can read it.) So I told her that boy dragon's do. She then asked if dragon's wear underwear too. I reminded her that animals don't wear underwear. She thought that was hilarious. Later that evening she said, "Dragon's have a pen_ _ like you Tan!" She was so serious and so happy that she had discovered something new. Gotta love her little inquisitive mind. On several occasions she has said that she's had nightmare's about dragon's. So Daddy and I weren't surprised.

Kaden acquired his first two teeth in March. It was hard work but they're here. Tanner and Brooklyn show them off to their friends and cousins as though they are a trophy or something. It's actually very sweet.

Brooklyn and Tanner filled up the bath just a little to high recently. I decided that I'd let them keep the water high as long as they didn't splash to much. They were like little fish trying to swim around. Brookie kept repeating something that I couldn't quite understand at first. Once I figured out that she was saying, "Mommy, I'm a mermaid forever!....." She had a perma-smile. Brooklyn doesn't go a day without pretending to be a princess.

One of Tanner's fingers was shut in our front door yesterday. Poor guy! I hate seeing any of my kids in pain. So in an attempt to calm him down, I called Daddy at work and he came to the rescue. So Dad told Tanner a few of his own stories of smashing a finger or a toe. Tanner's finger nail bed is very bruised. We informed him that the damaged nail might come off. Looking at his face full of fear, I clarified that the nail would grow back soon. Several times since then, he's said, "Mom my nail will grow back when I'm here on earth!!!; My other one won't grow back until I'm in Heaven!" Tanner was referring to his major hand injury a couple years ago. My heart sunk in my chest. We hugged and he repeated that his nail will grow back here on earth. He gets it! My sweet son humbles me so often.

Daddy and I have read Cinderella nearly 100 times to Brooklyn. Her newest concern with this particular story is about Cinderella's stepsisters. There are lots of pages that the sisters are pictured with mean facial expressions. Also there are two pages that the sisters are smiling. Of course they are smiling because they have been evil. Brooklyn stops me while reading and says, "Mommy look the sisters are being nice now!" Sometimes I change the story a little just so Brookie doesn't get brain washed to think all sisters are mean. We can tell that it really bothers her. Talking about brain washing- At the end of each princess story I add that they got married in the temple and lived happily ever after! Is that wrong?

1 comment:

Rachelle & Jared Crowder said...

So Adorable! I love the fingernail update the best. I love those little moments where kids have Ahhh HA moments! Tanner is so bright! He melts me!

Brookie is so smart for being so young. I am SHOCKED! She truly says the darndest things! What a punkin!
P.S. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for my WONDERFUL afternoon! It was more needed than I realized. I was totally reguvinated!