Brookie loves when I give her a pedicure. She asks all the time if I can paint her toes. Several months ago I warned her that the paint might come off sooner if she stays in the bath too long. Recently this has become a big concern of hers. Often she says that she wants to take a shower just for a little bit so her paint won't come off. Brooklyn is so particular and detail oriented.
At church today Brooklyn was trying her best to be reverent while the sacrament was being passed. I noticed that her undershirt was showing around the neck of her pretty dress. I couldn't have that so I reached under her dress and pulled her undershirt down. To my surprise Brooklyn said, "Mommy don't! Heavenly Father will see my privacy's (a.k.a. privates)". For those of you that have been around when Brookie is changing know how modest she is. In fact shes asks that I don't look at her privacy's when I wipe her and she's even concerned that Kaden is looking at her when she changes. I'd rather her be extremely modest than the opposite. After all she does have two brothers.
The kids were watching the famous movie, "Saturday's Warriors" today. It's a ritual for Brooklyn to mimic the dancers in the beginning of the show. Brooklyn hadn't realized the show had started so I said, "Brooklyn do you see the ballet dancer?" Tanner corrected me and said, "Mom, that's Heavenly Father's Dancer!" I confirmed that he was right. Tanner is a very faithful saint. Also today he said, "we are all brothers and sisters here on earth- for real mom!!!"
Late at night when I change Kaden's diaper, he routinely fusses with his eye's closed, grabs both of his feet and pulls them up to his head. Occasionally he even tastes his precious toes. I know this precious phase will pass so soon I wish I could freeze time!
Kaden has started to say Mama. I love to hear his sweet voice. Too bad he usually says it when he's desperately frustrated. I love being your Mama Kade.
My Dad passed away nearly seven years ago. I think of fond memories every day of my father. I often share my thoughts with the kids so they understand what an awesome Dad he was to me. Recently we were talking about Grandpa Hundley. Tanner asked if he, Brookie and Kaden had talked to Grandpa Hundley in heaven before they came to earth. He continued to express how he thinks that they knew him in heaven. I can picture my Dad sitting down with each of them. He probably warned them about choosing the right here on earth and keeping Grandma Hundley happy. Tanner amazes me, he comprehends so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment